What Urgent Care Services Do You Provide for Children?
Fast Aid Urgent Care offers urgent care services to children as well. For more information, call us or book an online appointment. We have convenient locations to serve you in Bulverde Rd San Antonio TX, Bastrop TX and Alamo Ranch San Antonio TX.
Table of Contents:
Any parent in the unenviable position of having a sick child needing immediate medical care will want to know that they’ll get the best care wherever they go. This of course will be the case in the vast majority of cases, regardless of whether they are taken to a regular urgent care center, or one that specializes in pediatrics. In the former, the child would be seen by a physician who typically specializes in family medicine or emergency medicine; in the case of the pediatric urgent care center, they are more likely to be seen by a pediatrician – a physician who is specially trained to treat infants through to young adults.
The primary focus of any healthcare professional is the health and welfare of their patients, and those working in pediatric care are no different. The services provided at a pediatric urgent care center will vary from clinic to clinic but will typically treat children who have:
– Had a minor accident or fall
– Allergies and asthma
– Vomiting, diarrhea, and dehydration
– Cold or flu symptoms
– Ear infections and earache
– Sinus infections
– Broken bones
– Burns or cuts
– Chest infections
– Sports injuries
– Need pain relief
– Sore throat and strep throat
Urgent Care centers are a crucial cog in the wheel of the U.S. healthcare system, but they are not intended to replace the family or primary care physician. That being said, we all know that children are particularly adept at picking up injuries or illnesses when the doctor’s office is closed. According to a 2016 study, the three most common reasons for children visiting an urgent care clinic were upper respiratory infections, fevers, and ear infections. If the following situations arise the child should be taken to an urgent care center:
– The child has a fever accompanied by cold symptoms which you suspect may be the flu.
– The child is exhibiting symptoms such as earache, drainage from the ear, and is pulling on their ears which may indicate an ear infection.
– The child has a sore throat – with or without white patches on the tonsils – which could be a strep infection.
– The child has suspected pink eye, also known as infectious conjunctivitis, with symptoms such red, inflamed eyes with or without discharge.
– The child has had a few episodes of unexplained vomiting or diarrhea.
– The child has a laceration – or deep cut – that needs to be properly cleaned and treated to reduce the risk of infection.
– The child has a suspected fracture which, due to a child’s bones having growth plates, needs to be done straight away to ensure that the normal growth of the bone is not affected.
Yes, we do! At Fast Aid Urgent Care, we not only offer a high level of care to our adult patients – we also have a child-friendly setting to help our youngest patients feel safe and comfortable while they receive the special care they require.
If you need pediatric urgent care services, look no further than Fast Aid Urgent Care! Our services are offered on a walk-in basis and there is no need to make an appointment but do feel free to call ahead of time if you would like to. We serve patients from Bulverde Rd San Antonio TX, Windcrest TX, Selma TX, Bastrop TX, Paige TX, Smithville TX, Alamo Ranch San Antonio TX, Leon Valley TX and Helotes TX.